Experience: Must have a minimum of 5+ Years of recent Avaya experience
Start Date: Immediate
Pay: Hourly rate of $50-60, based on experience and certifications
Security Clearance: Secret or the ability to obtain
Misc: We welcome ex-military vets.
Location: Tampa Fl/ surrounding area a plus but the opportunity is remote, working from home
Description of Daily Duties:
- Must understand telephony aspects specifically Avaya well enough to be able to ensure implementation of best practice solutions for voice communications services.
- Must be able to install, configure, train, troubleshoot and support new implementations, apply the latest patches and upgrades.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Avaya product line including Communication Manager up to Release 8.x, Session Manager, System Manager, Application Enablement, and related peripherals like G430/G450/G650s and related media cards.
- Must have working networking knowledge of connectivity of T1s, MPLS, SIP, VoIP, Fiber, etc.
- Assess customer’s data network as part of the FABS implementation team to ensure satisfactory IP voice quality prior to VoIP installation
- Provides assessment and troubleshooting support, post-cutover, on a billable basis
- Working knowledge of software translations for Avaya’s Communications Manager Application. Includes system trunk assignment, phone set feature activation, dial plans, and voicemail subscriber assignment
- Create and update project deliverable documentation to include system design, As-Builts, Project Support Agreements (PSA) and System Installation Plans (SIP)
- Working knowledge of MS Server 2016, 2019 and VMware ESXi 6.5+
- Working closely with military bases implementing DOD Military Unique Deployment Guide (MUDG) / Joint Interoperability Certification and Assessment (JITC) tasks of the required Avaya installed products.
- Working closely with the customer in generating Certificate Signing Request (CSRs) for the installed Avaya products.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain a high performance while handling multiple priorities under pressure.
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership of projects assigned and work with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with Resource Coordinators, Management, Project Managers, and other engineers/technicians to review customer requirements and help develop the basis of estimates on quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with the customer’s Telecommunication systems when troubleshooting.
- Able to work onsite or remotely in our lab doing Pre-Staging of Avaya systems
- Frequently communicates with team members on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to provide support.
- Communicate all site issues to Tech Team Lead immediately when possible.
- Must be able to work well with other team members in a collaborative manner, fostering learning and knowledge sharing to complete projects and equally be able to work solo with limited supervision and project oversight.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh.
- Proficient with Avaya Provision, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint is preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationship skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75%
- In between each project you will be back home working remotely until the next project start date which will be negotiated out in advance.
- Ability to obtain and hold a DoD SECRET Security Clearance
- CompTIA Security+
- Certifications Desired:Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) R8
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS) R8
First American Business Solutions is a certified small disadvantage business. We are a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprises and First American Business Enterprise is a nationwide North American based IT & telecom services company targeting the enterprise market. Business was Incorporated in 2009 supporting Nortel but expanded rapidly to other Voice Solutions. We specialize in Telecommunications & IT services: Primarily supporting Nortel and Avaya solutions and applications.100% of our employees are U.S. Citizens and we are Headquartered out of Tampa Florida